I am very glad to be able to comment on the many different skills off Captain Larry Short, to whoever is reading this testimonial and is in need of a great captain. I recently worked with Captain Short, to deliver my boat from Norfolk VA to Fort Lauderdale Florida. The events during this long challenged Captain Short in many ways, but he passed all of these with flying colors:
1. Anyone who would like to have a boat/yacht picked up from or delivered to a large transport ship, should be aware of the many scheduling problems related to the ports and vessel itself. When we experienced these, I was very impressed with the superb patience, adaptability and flexibility, Larry demonstrated under stress.
2. My boat came from overseas, with minimal battery power, and fuel reserve. Larry was able to take her from the middle of the sea to the nearest marina at the shore successfully. In addition, he further demonstrated his mastery in navigation and knowledge of the whole east coast, when he took my boat from marina to marina and from US Coastal to open sea, throughout the trip, calculating the fuel according to the utilization of the engine and distance to the next stop. He always preferred the safest route for the boat and it's passengers, regardless how hard the skill set the path required. His eye was almost always on the horizon and the control panel. I was amazed at his discipline.
3. His wife Kerry had an incredible passion for the boat and took care of the boat daily, as if she was her own, keeping it crystal clean.
4. During this journey we had a number of problems, from windshield wiper and depth finder and autopilot malfunction to transmission fluid leak. He fixed some himself and handled others safely, till the boat reached to the marina for repairs. I was also very impressed with knowledge as well as his mechanical skills and understanding.
6. He also helped me to find a good and reasonable fee repair facility, where the services can be performed in my absence, with his supervision. He readily volunteered to pick the boat up, when the repairs are done to the marina where it will stay.
7. I also observed him when he helped to another Captain in his group moving another boat during our trip. Larry made sure that this process went as smoothly, as if he was there and helped him at every step.
I truly believe that I was very fortunate to have him as my Captain, because of his superb experience, versatility, skills and relaxing confident attitude. So, I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who needs a true expert to trust his or her boat, a rather previous investment. He and the Captains under his watch, are dedicated to provide a meticulous and honest service. I hope that this testimonial will be of help to the next boat owner, to get his/her needs taken care of safely and to perfection, by Captain Short .
B Bilir MD